Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun hangs when launching job on remote node
From: Ron Babich (rbabich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-17 21:17:31

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your response. I had noticed your thread, which is why I'm
embarrassed (but happy) to say that it looks like my problem was the same
as yours. I mentioned in my original email that there was no firewall
running, which it turns out was a lie. I think that when I checked
before, I must have forgotten "sudo." Instead of "permission denied" or
the like, I got this misleading response:

node02:~ % /etc/init.d/iptables status
Firewall is not configured.

When I checked again just now (with sudo this time), it turned out that
the firewall was in fact configured and running. Turning it off has
solved all my problems.

Thanks again,
Ron