Subject: Re: [OMPI users] PGI 8.0-4 doesn't like ompi/mca/op/op.h
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-17 20:57:38

We tracked this down further -- it appears that the culprit was an out-
of-date Autoconf installation.

Specifically, somewhere between Autoconf 2.61 and 2.63, they changed
the order of looking for the various "restrict" keywords. AC 2.63
looks at "__restrict" *first* (i.e., before "restrict"); AC 2.61 is
the opposite order.

Hence, AC 2.63 worked for me, but AC 2.61 barfed for Mostyn.

On Mar 16, 2009, at 4:44 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:

> George and I talked more off-list / phone and he convinced me that
> it's ok to do this in a top-level header file:
>
> #if defined(c_plusplus) || defined(__cplusplus)
> #undef restrict
> #define restrict
> #endif
>
> I'll post to the Autoconf list about this soon.
>

> On Mar 16, 2009, at 4:43 AM, Samuel Sarholz wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am pretty sure that C++ has no restrict keyword (only C99), so
> IMHO
> > it's not the compilers fault is not compiling.
> > You probably want to turn restricts off for C++ by default, unless
> you
> > know the compiler supports it.
> >
> > best regards,
> > Samuel