Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun hangs when launching job on remote node
From: Raymond Wan (rwan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-17 20:45:40

Hi Ron,

Ron Babich wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm having a very basic problem getting an MPI job to run on multiple
> nodes. My setup consists of two identically configured nodes, called
> node01 and node02, connected via ethernet and infiniband. They are
> running CentOS 5.2 and the bundled OMPI, version 1.2.5. I've attached
> the output of "ompi_info --all", which is the same for both nodes.

So far, this sounds awfully like the problem I had a few days ago. Perhaps you can check the firewall settings and if it is enabled (like it was for me), then try disabling it. If that is the case, then you might want to look into setting it properly since the solution I've adopted is to "simply" keep it disabled...

Ray