Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Run-time problem
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-17 13:04:10

On Mar 16, 2009, at 7:23 PM, justin oppenheim wrote:

> I managed to run it just recently... It turns out that some
> libraries libib* were missing, as well as some others. I learned
> this by trying to install an old version of openmpi that was in the
> repository of my Suse Linux. The "software manager" of Suse told me
> the missing libraries for the old openmpi. After installing these
> libraries, the already installed new openmpi (downloaded from open-
> mpi.org) works. Maybe it is a good idea to spell this out on open-
> mpi web site. People would just install the openmpi without knowing
> that there might be some missing libraries...

The problems you described:

/programs/my_mpi_program: symbol lookup error: /programs/openmpi/lib/
libmpi_cxx.so.0: undefined symbol: ompi_registered_datareps

Should not have been caused by missing libib* libraries. The missing
symbol that that error message talks about is a symbol in libmpi
itself. It sounds more like you somehow had mis-matched versions of
Open MPI installed / being used, perchance...?

Cisco Systems