Subject: Re: [OMPI users] open mpi on non standard ssh port
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-17 07:58:21

We don't have an easy way to specify using different ports for each
host (this is a fairly uncommon configuration), but you can set it up
in your $HOME/.ssh/config file, perhaps something like this:

     Port 5101
     Port 5102

...and so on. Then "ssh" will automatically uses port
5101, etc.

See the man page for ssh_config(5) for details.

On Mar 17, 2009, at 4:45 AM, Bernhard Knapp wrote:

> Hi
> I want to start a gromacs simulation on a small cluster where non
> standard ports are used for ssh. If I just use a "normal" maschinelist
> file (with the ips of the nodes), consequently, the following error
> comes up:
> ssh: connect to host port 22: Connection refused
> I guess that I need to somehow tell him to use the other ports. I
> tried
> it in the following way (maschinelist file):
> -p 5101
> -p 5102
> -p 5103
> -p 5104
> But it seems this is not the correct way to specifiy the port:
> Open RTE detected a parse error in the hostfile:
> /home/bknapp/scripts/machinefile.txt
> It occured on line number 1 on token 5:
> -p
> How can I tell him to use port 5101 on machine
> May be the question is stupid but I could not find a solution via
> google
> or search function ...
> cheers
> Bernhard