Subject: Re: [OMPI users] open mpi on non standard ssh port
From: Gilbert Grosdidier (grodid_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-17 06:10:10

Hi Bernhard,

 You may want to use the .ssh/config file, where you will be able to specify on
a machine by machine basis the port you want to use thru the 'Port'
directive. Have a look to 'man ssh_config' page.

 Hope this helps, Gilbert.

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Bernhard Knapp wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to start a gromacs simulation on a small cluster where non standard
> ports are used for ssh. If I just use a "normal" maschinelist file (with the
> ips of the nodes), consequently, the following error comes up:
> ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.103 port 22: Connection refused
>
> I guess that I need to somehow tell him to use the other ports. I tried it in
> the following way (maschinelist file):
> 192.168.0.101 -p 5101
> 192.168.0.102 -p 5102
> 192.168.0.103 -p 5103
> 192.168.0.104 -p 5104
>
> But it seems this is not the correct way to specifiy the port:
> Open RTE detected a parse error in the hostfile:
> /home/bknapp/scripts/machinefile.txt
> It occured on line number 1 on token 5:
> -p
>
> How can I tell him to use port 5101 on machine 192.168.0.101?
> May be the question is stupid but I could not find a solution via google or
> search function ...
>
> cheers
> Bernhard

  Gilbert Grosdidier                 Gilbert.Grosdidier_at_[hidden]
  LAL / IN2P3 / CNRS                 Phone : +33 1 6446 8909
  Faculté des Sciences, Bat. 200     Fax   : +33 1 6446 8546
  B.P. 34, F-91898 Orsay Cedex (FRANCE)