Subject: Re: [OMPI users] tests for heterogenous installations?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-16 15:26:31

On Mar 16, 2009, at 2:27 PM, Yury Tarasievich wrote:

> Well, no. What I would want is, say, MPI variation of "hello world"
> that
> would output the phrase char by char, one char per the participating
> host, and doing it in correct (so, MPI-synchronised) order. Hosts
> may be
> heterogenous.
>
> Or possibly some trivial implementation of poisson method, adapted for
> such an environment?
>
> It's just that I won't be capable to write this myself in the
> foreseeable future, and I need to test the new installations. I wasn't
> able to find something like this in the net.

Open MPI contains two test programs: "hello world" and "ring" in each
of the 4 languages (C, C++, F77, F90) in the examples/ directory.

Would those work for you? The "ring" message passes an integer
message around in a ring; if the message passing is not working
properly in a heterogeneous environment, then this program will
certainly fail (the integer message is how many more times to send the
message around the ring).

Cisco Systems