Subject: Re: [OMPI users] tests for heterogenous installations?
From: Yury Tarasievich (yury.tarasievich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-16 14:27:51

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Yury Tarasievich wrote:
>
>> Could you please elaborate? I'm not experienced
>> with MPI and I need to test a heterogenous
>> installation, to see whether the computational
>> task is actually broken down and computed in
>> collaborative manner.
>>

> It sounds like you're asking an application-specific question.
> Specifically, "how will my application behave in a heterogeneous
> scenario?" That can really only be answered by your application.

Well, no. What I would want is, say, MPI variation of "hello world" that
would output the phrase char by char, one char per the participating
host, and doing it in correct (so, MPI-synchronised) order. Hosts may be
heterogenous.

Or possibly some trivial implementation of poisson method, adapted for
such an environment?

It's just that I won't be capable to write this myself in the
foreseeable future, and I need to test the new installations. I wasn't
able to find something like this in the net.