Subject: Re: [OMPI users] tests for heterogenous installations?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-16 13:23:34

On Mar 15, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Yury Tarasievich wrote:

> Could you please elaborate? I'm not experienced
> with MPI and I need to test a heterogenous
> installation, to see whether the computational
> task is actually broken down and computed in
> collaborative manner.

It sounds like you're asking an application-specific question.
Specifically, "how will my application behave in a heterogeneous
scenario?" That can really only be answered by your application.

All that Open MPI gives you is the ability to start up/shut down
processes and reliable messaging between them. How your application
decomposes the problem that it's solving and and distributes the load
between different machines is up to the application.

Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems