Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem in MPI::Finalize when freeingintercommunicators
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-14 08:36:41

On Mar 13, 2009, at 5:15 PM, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> > No you should not need to do this.
> >
> > Is there any chance you could upgrade to Open MPI v1.3?
>
> Yes. It works without a Barrier under v1.3. Is this a known problem?

Possibly...? I can't name any particular issue offhand that is a
known culprit for this, but it's possible someone else can. There are
many changes and fixes in the v1.3 series as compared to the v1.2
series.

> What is the best way for me to test in my configure script that I'm
> running under OpenMPI version >= 1.3 so that I can disable the Barrier
> for such versions?

In mpi.h, we have a few macros that should help you:

-----
/*
  * Just in case you need it. :-)
  */
#define OPEN_MPI 1

/* Major, minor, and release version of Open MPI */
#define OMPI_MAJOR_VERSION 1
#define OMPI_MINOR_VERSION 3
#define OMPI_RELEASE_VERSION 0
-----

You should be able to construct a fairly simple AC_TRY_RUN test that
checks #if defined(), etc.

Cisco Systems