Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Compiling ompi for use on another machine
From: Raymond Wan (rwan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-14 05:07:32

Hi Ben,

ben rodriguez wrote:
> I have compiled ompi and another program for use on another rhel5/x86_64 machine, after transfering the binaries and setting up environment variables is there anything else I need to do for ompi to run properly? When executing my prog I get:
> MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
> with errorcode 1.
>
> NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
> You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
> exactly when Open MPI kills them.

Just a few thoughts about your problem...

Are the two machines identical in architecture and RH installation? Is there any reason why you cannot compile on the other machine too? (Sometimes the location of dynamic libraries, etc. changes so I try to make a note to always recompile on each machine.) Are you having problems running your program on each node individually first? If not, you might try that first (i.e., with "--np 1").

Ray