Subject: Re: [OMPI users] PGI 8.0-4 doesn't like ompi/mca/op/op.h
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-13 16:40:49

On Mar 13, 2009, at 4:37 PM, Mostyn Lewis wrote:

> >From config.log
>
> configure:21522: checking for C/C++ restrict keyword
> configure:21558: pgcc -c -DNDEBUG -fast -Msignextend -tp p7-64
> conftest.c >&5
> configure:21564: $? = 0
> configure:21582: result: restrict
>
> So you only check using pgcc (not pgCC)?

The AC_C_RESTRICT test only checks the C compiler, yet. It's an
Autoconf-builtin test; we didn't write it.

Odd that you get "restrict" and I get "__restrict". Hrm.

Well, I suppose that one solution might be to disable those prototypes
in the op.h header file when they're included in components.cc (that's
a source file in the ompi_info executable; it shouldn't need the
specific MPI_Op callback prototypes). Fortunately, we have very
little C++ code in OMPI, so this isn't a huge issue (C++ is only used
for the MPI C++ bindings -- of course -- and in some of the command
line executables).

Let me see what I can cook up, and then let me see if I can convince
George that it's the correct answer. ;-)

Cisco Systems