Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple & MPI_Info_fre
From: Tee Wen Kai (teewenkai_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-11 21:33:18

Hi,

I tried to run with open MPI 1.3 but encouter the following error message:

LOCAL DAEMON SPAWN IS CURRENTLY UNSUPPORTED

May I know what I should do with this error as the program used to be able to spawn the programs using MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple correctly without this error with version 1.2.8.

Thank you.

Regards,
Wenkai

From: Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]>
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple & MPI_Info_free
To: "Open MPI Users" <users_at_[hidden]>
Date: Monday, 9 March, 2009, 7:42 PM

Could you tell us what version of Open MPI you are using? It would help us to provide you with advice.

Thanks
Ralph

On Mar 9, 2009, at 2:18 AM, Tee Wen Kai wrote:

Hi,

I have a program that allow user to enter their choice of operation. For example, when the user enter '4', the program will enter a function which will spawn some other programs stored in the same directory. When the user enter '5', the program will enter another function to request all spawned processes to exit. Therefore, initially only one process which act as the controller is spawned.

My MPI_Info_create and MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple are called in a function. Everything is working fine except when I tried to free the MPI_Info in the function by calling MPI_Info_free, I have segmentation fault error. The second problem is when i do the spawning once and exit the controller program with MPI_Finalize, the program exited normally. But when spawning is done more than once and exit the controller program with MPI_Finalize, there is segmentation fault. I also realize that when the spawed processes exit, the 'orted' process is still running. Thus, when multiple MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple are called, there will be multiple 'orted' processes.

Thank you and hope someone has a solution to my problem.

Regards,
Wenkai

New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users_at_[hidden]

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

users_at_[hidden]
http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users New Email names for you! Get the Email name you&#39;ve always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail. Hurry before someone else does! http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/sg/