Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Bug reporting [was: OpenMPI 1.3]
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-04 15:43:42

Sorry for the delay; a bunch of higher priority stuff got in the way
of finishing this thread. Anyhoo...

On Feb 24, 2009, at 4:24 AM, Olaf Lenz wrote:

> I think it would be also sufficient to place a short text and link
> to the Trac page, so that the developers that want to use the "Bug
> Tracking" link to get to Trac do not have to click once more, but if
> this is OK for you, then it's fine.

This is ok for us. I think most of us have trac either bookmarked or
sufficiently active in our history such that Firefox's awesome bar (or
equivalent in other browsers) just pick it up and go directly there
without going through the "Bug tracking" link on the OMPI web site.

> Another option would be to simply give the link a less alluring
> name, like "Trac Bug Tracking System" or "Issue Tracker", or just
> "Trac".
>
> Should bugs really be reported directly to the developer's list (as
> stated in 1. on the new page)? Or to the user's mailing list if they
> are not sure that it is a bug?

Good point; I softened the language in that first bullet.

Cisco Systems