Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun problem
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-04 15:09:11

Sorry for the delay in replying; the usual INBOX deluge keeps me from
being timely in replying to all mails... More below.

On Feb 24, 2009, at 6:52 AM, Jovana Knezevic wrote:

> I'm new to MPI, so I'm going to explain my problem in detail
> I'm trying to compile a simple application using mpicc (on SUSE 10.0)
> and run it - compilation passes well, but mpirun is the problem.
> So, let's say the program is called 1.c, I tried the following:
>
> mpicc -o 1 1.c
>
> (and, just for the case, after problems with mpirun, I tried the
> following, too)
>
> mpicc --showme:compile
>
> mpicc --showme:link
>
> mpicc -I/include -pthread 1.c -pthread -I/lib -lmpi -lopen-rte
> -lopen-pal -ldl -Wl,--export-dynamic -lnsl -lutil -lm -ldl -o 1
>
> Both versions (wih or without flags) produced executables as expected
> (so, when I write: ./1 it executes in expected manner),

Good.

> but when I try this:
>
> mpirun -np 4 ./1,
>
> it terminates giving the following message:
>

> ssh: (none): Name or service not known
> A daemon (pid 6877) died unexpectedly with status 255 while attempting
> to launch so we are aborting.

That's fun; it seems like OMPI is not recognizing localhost properly.

Can you use the --debug-daemons and --leave-session-attached options
to mpirun and see what output you get?

Cisco Systems