Subject: Re: [OMPI users] metahosts (like in MP-MPICH)
From: Yury Tarasievich (yury.tarasievich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-04 11:38:11

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what an MP-MPICH meta host is.
>
> Open MPI allows you to specify multiple hosts in a hostfile and run a
> single MPI job across all of them, assuming they're connected by at
> least some common TCP network.

What I need is one MPI job put for distributed
computation on several actual machines,
connected by TCP/IP (so, kind of cluster
computation). Machines may have heterogenous
OSes on them (MP-MPICH accounts for that with
its HETERO option).

I'm somewhat new to MPI. It's possible, that
what I describe is an inherent option of MPI
implementations. Please advise.