Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Lahey 64 bit and openmpi 1.3?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-04 09:46:59

On Mar 2, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Tiago Silva wrote:

> Has anyone had success building openmpi with the 64 bit Lahey
> fortran compiler? I have seen a previous thread about the problems
> with 1.2.6 and am wondering if any progress has been made.
>
> I can build individual libraries by removing -rpath and -soname, and
> by compiling the respective objects with -KPIC. Neverheless I
> couldn't come up with FCFLAGS and LDFLAGS that would both pass the
> makefile tests and build sucessfully.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of us test with the Lahey compiler.
So it's quite possible that there may be some issues there.

Do you know if GNU Libtool supports the Lahey compiler? We basically
support what Libtool supports because Libtool essentially *is* our
building process. So if Libtool doesn't support it, then we likely
don't either.

> How do I find the libtool generated script, as suggested in the

I'm not sure which specific script you're referring to. The "libtool"
script itself should generated after you run "configure" -- it should
be in the top-level Open MPI directory.

> openmpi 1.3
> Lahey Linux64 8.10a
> CentOS 5.2
> Rocks 5.1
> libtool 1.5.22

FWIW, the version of Libtool that you have installed on your system is
likely not too important here. Open MPI tarballs come bootstrapped
with the Libtool that we used to build the tarball -- *that* included
Libtool is used to build Open MPI, not the one installed on your
system. We use Libtool 2.2.6a to build Open MPI v1.3.

Cisco Systems