Subject: Re: [OMPI users] libmpi_f90.so not being built
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-28 08:46:18

Hmm; something is weird here.

It looks like you used a different configure command line between your
first and second emails -- one seems to be the "small" f90 size and
one seems to be the "medium" f90 size. There's different errors, too
-- the first one was:

ERROR -- Could not find specified object file libmpi_f90.so.0.

The second one was:

ERROR -- Could not find specified object file /opt/openmpi-1.3_lfc/lib.

I don't quite understand either of these errors:

1. The first one seems to be referring to the the *output* name of the
file; I'm not sure why it's saying that it can't find the file.
Specifically: the file shouldn't exist yet because that's the file we
want the linker to create as the output.

2. The second one seems to refer to a directory in the destination
tree -- it's not an object file in the build tree. I only see that
directory listed in the linker command that generated the error as an -
rpath argument. Does the lfc compiler complain/error if you -rpath a
directory that does not yet exist? That would be darn weird.

Just curious -- are you running "make", "make all", or "make install"?

On Feb 27, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Tiago Silva wrote:

> ok, here is the complete output in the tgz file attached. The output
> is slightly different as I am now only using "make all" and not
> installing. I did a full "make clean" and "rm -fr <prefix>/*" and
> the <prefix> already exists but is empty.
>
> Thanks
> <ts-output.tgz><mime-attachment.txt>

Cisco Systems