Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problems in 1.3 loading shared libs whenusingVampirServer
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-25 07:08:46

On Feb 25, 2009, at 4:02 AM, <michael.meinel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> - Get Python to give you the possibility of opening dependent
>> libraries in the global scope. This may be somewhat controversial;
>> there are good reasons to open plugins in private scopes. But I have
>> to imagine that OMPI is not the only python extension out there that
>> wants to open plugins of its own; other such projects should be
>> running into similar issues.
>
> That would involve patching Python in some nifty places which would
> probably lead to less Platform independence, so no option yet.

I should have been more clear: what I meant was to engage the Python
community to get such a feature to be implemented upstream in Python
itself. Since I would find it easy to believe that other Python
Extension projects may run into similar issues, it may be worth
raising this issue to the Python community and opening the debate there.

That being said, Nysal also posted an interesting approach. :-)

Cisco Systems