Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.3:
From: Olaf Lenz (lenzo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-24 04:43:07

Hi!

And now for the actual mailing.

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> We've talked about similar errors before; I thought that the issue was
> caused by the Python front-end calling dlopen() to manually open the
> libmpi.so library. Is that the cause in your scenario?

Not really. We have written a shared library _espresso.so, which is a
Python module that is loaded by Python, which in turn dynamically loads
libmpi.so - but only on the C++ level. Python itself never sees libmpi.so.

> If so, note that it needs to load libmpi.so with RTLD_GLOBAL. For example:

That is not really under my control, as the library is opened by Python.

>> the problem disappears. Note also, that the same program works when I'm
>> using OpenMPI 1.2.x (tested 1.2.6 and 1.2.9).

I still wonder, why everything worked fine in 1.2.x, while in OpenMPI
1.3 it doesn't. Has anything changed between these versions that could
influence the behaviour?

Olaf