Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problems in 1.3 loading shared libs when using VampirServer
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-23 20:59:33

Err... I'm a little confused. We've been emailing about this exact
issue for a week or two (off list); you just re-started the
conversation from the beginning, moved it to the user's list, and
dropped all the CC's (which include several people who are not on this
list). Why did you do that?

Here's what I said in my last mail on that thread (just a few hours
ago); it was in response to a mail from Thomas:

I am totally confused by your explanation; you are throwing around
terms like VampirServer, vgnd, driver, ... I don't know what these
things are nor do I understand your explanation of how they relate to
each other. You seem to be using terms to define other terms that
then are used to define the original terms. This is where I get lost.

Can you send a simple example that doesn't work, preferably outside of
the whole Vampir system? Perhaps something that effectively mimics
Vampir's behavior?

Cisco Systems