Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to quit asynchronous processes
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-23 10:42:23

I would suggest that if C receives some kind of quit command, it
should send that command to both A & B, and then call MPI_Finalize.
When A & B receive the quit command, they can complete whatever they
are currently doing (you'll have to set a flag so they know they
should do this), and then also call MPI_Finalize.

There is a barrier in MPI_Finalize, so nobody will actually terminate
until everyone gets there.