Subject: [OMPI users] Is this an OpenMPI bug?
From: -Gim (gimmickivek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-20 18:54:28

I am trying to use the mpi_bcast function in fortran. I am using
open-mpi-v-1.2.7

Say x is a real variable of size 100. np =100 I try to bcast this to all
the processors.

I use call mpi_bcast(x,np,mpi_real,0,ierr)

When I do this and try to print the value from the resultant processor,
exactly half the values gets broadcast. In this case, I get 50 correct
values in the resultant processor and rest are junk. Same happened when i
tried with np=20.. Exactly 10 values gets populated and rest are junk.!!

ps: I am running this in a single processor. ( Just testing purposes ) I run
this with "mpirun -np 4 <filename> "

Cheerio,
Gim