Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.3.1 rpm build error
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-20 14:30:28

On Feb 20, 2009, at 2:20 PM, Jim Kusznir wrote:

> I just went to www.open-mpi.org, went to download, then source rpm.
> Looks like it was actually 1.3-1. Here's the src.rpm that I pulled
> in:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.3/downloads/openmpi-1.3-1.src.rpm

Ah, gotcha. Yes, that's 1.3.0, SRPM version 1. We didn't make up
this nomenclature. :-(

> The reason for this upgrade is it seems a user found some bug that may
> be in the OpenMPI code that results in occasionally an MPI_Send()
> message getting lost. He's managed to reproduce it multiple times,
> and we can't find anything in his code that can cause it...He's got
> logs of mpi_send() going out, but the matching mpi_receive() never
> getting anything, thus killing his code. We're currently running
> 1.2.8 with ofed support (Haven't tried turning off ofed, etc. yet).

Ok. 1.3.x is much mo' betta' then 1.2 in many ways. We could
probably help track down the problem, but if you're willing to upgrade
to 1.3.x, it'll hopefully just make the problem go away.

Can you try a 1.3.1 nightly tarball?

Cisco Systems