Subject: Re: [OMPI users] WRF, OpenMPI and PGI 7.2
From: Elvedin Trnjanin (trnja001_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-19 11:28:38

That would be one way it dies, but we kept getting errors during
compilation without the compilation process exiting which is arguably
worse than the behavior you saw.

OpenMPI's mpicc doesn't support the -cc flag so it just passes it to
pgcc, which doesn't support it either. The easy way to fix it is
recompiling OpenMPI with gcc and pgf

./configure CC=gcc CXX=g++ F77=pgf... FC=pgf... ...

After that, edit the WRF configure.wrf and remove every instance of
-cc=${SOMEVAR} I think there should be two, but I don't have access to
mine at the moment to tell you the exact names.