Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ptrdiff_t undefined error on intel 64bit machine with intel compilers
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-19 08:32:12

Your config.log looks incomplete -- it failed saying that your C and C+
+ compilers were incompatible with each other.

This does not seem related to what you described -- are you sure
you're sending the right config.log?

Specifically, can you send all the information listed here:

     http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

On Feb 17, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Tamara Rogers wrote:

> Hello all:
> I was unable to compile the latest version (1.3) on my intel 64bit
> system with the intel compilers (version 9.0). Configuration goes
> fine, but I get this error when running make:
>
> ../../ompi/include/mpi.h(203): error: identifier "ptrdiff_t" is
> undefined
> typedef OMPI_PTRDIFF_TYPE MPI_Aint;
>
> compilation aborted for dt_args.c (cod 21)
>
> My config line was:
> ./configure CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort --prefix=xxx
>
> I've attached my config.log file. Has anyone encourtered this? I was
> able to build openmpi on this exact system using the gcc/g++
> compilers, however the intel compilers are substantially faster on
> our system.
>
> Thanks!

Cisco Systems