Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_PROC_NULL
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-13 07:53:26

On Feb 13, 2009, at 4:39 AM, jody wrote:

> Yes, it was doing no sensible work -
> It was only intended to show the error message.
>
> I now downloaded the latest nightly tarball and installed it,
> and used your version of the test programm. It works -
> *if* is use the entire path to mpirun:
>
> [jody_at_localhost 3D]$ /opt/openmpi-1.3.1a0r20534/bin/mpirun -np 2 ./sr

That's interesting. Note that if you give the full pathname to
mpirun, it is the same as using the --prefix option to mpirun.

This leads me to suspect that you have a version mismatch of Open MPI
somewhere. Can you verify that you are using only one version of Open
MPI and not accidentally using multiple versions when you mpirun?

Cisco Systems