Subject: [OMPI users] openmpi-mca-params.conf
From: Nicolas Moulin (nicolas.moulin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-12 04:25:32

Hello,
    I use openmpi. I have installed it in the directory :
/usr/lib64/openmpi/1.2.5-gcc/

If I execute a test with openMPI (for exemple helloworld!!!) I have the
next problem:
/*[nmoulin_at_clusterdell ~/mpi-test]$ mpirun -np 4 mpi-test
libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
[0,1,1]: OpenIB on host node01 was unable to find any HCAs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
[0,1,1]: uDAPL on host node01 was unable to find any NICs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
[0,1,2]: OpenIB on host node02 was unable to find any HCAs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
[0,1,2]: uDAPL on host node02 was unable to find any NICs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
[0,1,0]: OpenIB on host node01 was unable to find any HCAs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
[0,1,0]: uDAPL on host node01 was unable to find any NICs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
[0,1,3]: OpenIB on host node02 was unable to find any HCAs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
[0,1,3]: uDAPL on host node02 was unable to find any NICs.
Another transport will be used instead, although this may result in
lower performance.
Hello world! from processor 0 out of 4
Hello world! from processor 1 out of 4
Hello world! from processor 2 out of 4
Hello world! from processor 3 out of 4
[nmoulin_at_clusterdell ~/mpi-test]$ */

So the job is executated but there's some errors. Now, if I execute the
same job with
the mca parameters all is OK.....hum I think.
/*[nmoulin_at_clusterdell ~/mpi-test]$ mpirun -mca btl tcp,self -np 4 mpi-test
Hello world! from processor 0 out of 4
Hello world! from processor 1 out of 4
Hello world! from processor 3 out of 4
Hello world! from processor 2 out of 4
[nmoulin_at_clusterdell ~/mpi-test]$*/

I've try to get the mca parameters in the file
/usr/lib64/openmpi/1.2.5-gcc/etc/openmpi-mca-params.conf
but it seems not to take into account....
Can you help me do that?
Kind regards,