Subject: Re: [OMPI users] again on "...mpif90, mpif77 compiler is non-functional"
From: simone marras (smarras.bsc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-11 04:00:35

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:11 AM, George Bosilca <bosilca_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> What output do you get if you run /usr/local/bin/mpif77 or
> /usr/local/bin/mpif90 ?
>
> george.

Hi there George, thanks for replying; thanks to your question I
figured what was going wrong and solved it.

The default mpif90 and mpif77 that were looked for were in /usr/bin
and were those preinstalled on my mac. Since my new installation with
fortran support installed the binaries in /usr/local/bin, I needed to
ln them into /usr/bin instead of the default ones.

Thanks, it now works with no error.

Simone

> On Feb 10, 2009, at 14:59 , simone marras wrote:
>
>> Dear everyone,
>>
>> I apologize in advance for coming back with a common issue again.
>>
>> Differently from other threads though, I was able to configure, make
>> and make install openMPI on my macbook 10.5.
>>
>> What I used was the fowlling configure call:
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-mpi-f77 --enable-mpi-f90
>> F77=ifort FC=ifort FFLAGS="-m32 -std=legacy"
>> --with-wrapper-fflags="-m32 -std=legacy" --with-mpi-f90-size=medium
>> --enable-mpirun-prefix-by-default FCFLAGS="-m32"
>> --with-wrapper-fcflags="-m32"
>>
>> make
>>
>> sudo make install
>>
>> When I verify if the compilation occurred correctly as in being
>> supporting Fortran, by running
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/ompi_info
>>
>> I correctly obtain:
>> Fortran77 bindings: yes (single underscore)
>> Fortran90 bindings: yes
>>
>> The PROBLEM comes now: when I try to run mpif90 or mpif77 I still get the
>> error:
>>
>> "Unfortunately, this installation of Open MPI was not compiled with
>> Fortran 90 support. As such, the mpif90 compiler is non-functional."
>>
>> Woudl anyone be able to help me understand this ? I would really
>> appreciate your support
>>
>> Thank you in advance
>> S.M.

Simone Marras, Ph.D. candidate