Subject: [OMPI users] Problem redirecting standard input
From: Champagne, Nathan J. (JSC-EV)[ESCG] (Nathan.J.Champagne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-10 12:16:02

I have searched for solutions to this problem, but have not been successful. The following command works okay when using Open MPI 1.2.8:

      shell$ mpirun --hostfile procs -np 5 my_app < my_input

However, the above command produces the following error message when using Open MPI 1.3:

      forrtl: severe (24): end-of-file during read, unit -4, file stdin

Note that all the processes have access to the "my_input" file. Also, I have tried different process ranks for the "--stdin" flag to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas or can point me to a solution?

Thanks.