Subject: [OMPI users] undefined symbol: tm_init
From: Brett Pemberton (brett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-09 20:41:45

Hey,

I've just installed OpenMPI 1.3 on our cluster, and am getting this
issue on jobs > 1 node.

mpiexec: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/openmpi/1.3-pgi/lib/openmpi/mca_plm_tm.so: undefined symbol:
tm_init

As reported before, I saw someone saying that they solved this with:
--enable-mca-static=plm:tm

A new install using this configure option does work for me, but only for
code recompiled with this new mpicc. Existing code doesn't spawn properly.

As such, I'd much rather get the existing install working again.

It was suggested that I need the torque libraries on the compute nodes,
which they are. However adding them to ld.so.conf has not solved this,
so I'm not sure what more needs to be done to solve this without
recompiling openmpi.

Thanks in advance for any help.

        / Brett

--
Brett Pemberton - VPAC Senior Systems Administrator
http://www.vpac.org/ - (03) 9925 4899