Subject: Re: [OMPI users] signal 15 (terminated)
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-07 15:32:19

You might want to look through the FAQ for our recommended ways to
build BLACS, etc. If you have a mismatch such that those libraries
did not build properly -- or perhaps built against a different MPI
implementation -- Bad Things can happen.

Are there any test applications with those libraries to verify that
they compiled / installed / can run properly?

On Feb 7, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Hana Milani wrote:

> > Are you able to run *any* MPI applications (especially those
> compiled
> > with Fortran) in parallel? E.g., the hello world and the ring
> > programs in the examples/ subdirectory in the OMPI distribution?
> I am ruuning another code which does not need scalapack and blacs
> with openmpi directly, it has been written by fortran as well. The
> parallel run is happily going on.
> The "hello world" and the ring programs in the examples are also
> working fine!!!
> As you can see in my prev. email, in the code there's an "arch.make"
> file in which I have to mention the MPI address + scalapack, blacs
> lapack and blas library addresses. Could this "killing" originate
> from this file. Because the scalapack installer is installed
> correctly the tests are running fine and the openmpi is functioning.
> I have had enclosed arch.make in my prev. email.

Cisco Systems