Subject: [OMPI users] MPI_Test bug?
From: Gabriele Fatigati (g.fatigati_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-05 05:37:40

Dear OpenMPI developer,
i have found a very strange behaviour of MPI_Test. I'm using OpenMPI
1.2 over Infiniband interconnection net.

I've tried to implement net check with a series of MPI_Irecv and
MPI_Send beetwen processors, testing with MPI_Wait the end of Irecv.
For strange reasons, i've noted that, when i launch the test in one
node, it works well. If i launch over 2 or more procs over different
nodes, MPI_Test fails many time before to tell that the IRecv is
finished.

I've tried that it fails also after one minutes, with very small
buffer( less than eager limit). It's impossible that the communication
is pending after one minutes, with 10 integer sended. To solve this,
I need to implement a loop over MPI_Test, and only after 3 or 4
MPI_Test it returns that IRecv finished successful. Is it possible
that MPI_Test needs to call many time also if the communication is
already finished?

In attach you have my simple C test program.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ing. Gabriele Fatigati
Parallel programmer