Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Joe Griffin: "Re: Cannot compile onLinuxItanium system"
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-03 09:27:17

On Feb 2, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Joe Griffin wrote:

> Hi Jeff and Tony,
>
> I just tried 1.2.2 on my Itanium and got the same error.
>
> Our code uses 1.2.2, but I built it back in 2007 with
> V8 of the compiler. Now I am using V10.1. So, perhaps
> the code is incompatible with Intel V10.1.

(on Itanium)

Ah ha, that makes a much more plausible explanation...

I had a few off-list offers to give me access to Itanium systems; many
thanks to all of you who offered. Unfortunately, I don't have the
resources/time/expertise to make this fix (I know just about zero
about assembly, particularly with all the different cross-platform/
compiler compatibility issues). Does anyone else have both access and
expertise to fix this issue?

Cisco Systems