Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Joe Griffin: "Re: Cannot compile on LinuxItanium system"
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-01 06:41:49

I'm afraid I don't have access to any Itaniums, so debugging this will
be difficult.

The source file between OMPI v1.2 and OMPI v1.3 should be the same.
So *something* is different between the two. Can one of you examine
the output of "make" to determine what is different?

- check the specific compile command for the two versions:
   - see if any different assemblers/flags/etc. flags are being used
   - verify that the same file is being compiled (please also check
these files with diff to ensure that they really are the same)
- check the output of the compile after the preprocessor has been
applied (probably via the -E switch to the specific compiler/assembler
command) and see if there are differences in what is actually being
compiled

On Jan 29, 2009, at 2:32 PM, Joe Griffin wrote:

> Tony,
>
> I had tried just the compile line using –O0, but it did not help.
> The last
> assembly I actually wrote was for a Cray Y-MP I think, so I don’t
> intend on
> delving into that.
>
> Sorry I couldn’t be more help.
> I do have access to what I call a Frankenstein Cluster of Itaniums
> ( different
> manufactures and different OS’s) to support our clients, so I don’t
> mind
> testing.
>
> Sorry I could not help,
> Joe