Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI 1.3 segfault on amd64 with Rmpi
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-30 16:15:46

On Jan 26, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> Gdb doesn't want to step into the Open MPI code; I used debugging
> symbols for
> both R and Open MPI that are available via -dbg packages with the
> debugging
> info. So descending one function at a time, I see the following
> calling
> sequence
>
> MPI_Init
> ompi_mpi_init
> orte_init
> opal_init
> opal_paffinity_base_open
> mca_base_components_open
> open_components
>
> where things end in the loop over oapl_list() elements. I still see a
> fprintf() statment just before
>
> if (MCA_SUCCESS == component->mca_register_component_params()) {
>
> in the middle of the open_components function in the file
> mca_base_components_open.c

Do you know if component is non-NULL and has a sensible value (i.e.,
pointing to a valid component)?

Does ompi_info work? (ompi_info uses this exact same code to find/
open components) If ompi_info fails, you should be able to attach a
debugger to that, since it's a serial and [relatively] straightforward
app.

Cisco Systems