Subject: [OMPI users] Using compiler_args in wrappers with Portland Group Compilers
From: Wayne Gilmore (waygil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-29 10:11:02

I'm trying to use the compiler_args field in the wrappers script to deal
with 32 bit compiles on our cluster.

I'm using portland group compilers and use the following for 32 bit
builds: -tp p7 (I actually tried to use -tp x32 but it does not compile
correctly. I think it has something to do with how the atomic
operations are defined)

I've created a separate stanza in the wrapper but I am not able to use
the whole option "-tp p7" for the compiler_args. It only works if I do
compiler_args=p7

Is there a way to provide compiler_args with arguments that contain a
space?

This would eliminate cases where 'p7' would appear elsewhere in the
compile line and be falsely recognized as a 32 bit build.

Thanks