Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Compilers
From: Raymond Wan (rwan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-28 03:55:32

Hi Amos,

Amos Leffler wrote:
> I want to compile Open-mpi using intel compilers.
> Unfortunately the Series 10 C compiler(icc) license has expired. I
> downloaded and looked at the Series 11 C++ compiler (no C compiler listed)
> and would like to know if you can use this together with an enclosed or
> obtained C compiler from Intel. The release notes are a bit overwhelming!
> Is it possible to use the standard Linux gcc instead?

Yes you can use gcc/g++ as that is what I use. I do not know about Intel's compilers though as I don't use them. However, this answer in the FAQ seems to address your query:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#build-compilers

...and the answer seems to be "yes" (in fact, Intel compilers is the example used).

Ray