Subject: Re: [OMPI users] dead lock in MPI_Finalize
From: Bernard Secher - SFME/LGLS (bernard.secher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-23 05:08:08

Thanks Jody for your answer.

I launch 2 instances of my program on 2 processes each instance, on the
same machine.
I use MPI_Publish_name, MPI_Lookup_name to create a global communicator
on the 4 processes.
Then the 4 processes exchange data.

The main program is a CORBA server. I send you this program.

Bernard

jody a écrit :
> For instance:
> - how many processes on how many machines,
> - what kind of computation
> - perhaps minimal code which reproduces this failing
> - configuration settings, etc.
> See: http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/
>
> Without any information except for "it doesn't work",
> nobody can give you any help whatsoever.
>
> Jody
>
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Bernard Secher - SFME/LGLS
> <bernard.secher_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Hello Jeff,
>>
>> I don't understand what you mean by "A _detailed_ description of what is
>> failing".
>> The problem is a dead lock in MPI_Finalize() function. All processes are
>> blocked in this MPI_Finalize() function.
>>
>> Bernard
>>
>> Jeff Squyres a écrit :
>>
>>> Per this note on the "getting help" page, we still need the following:
>>>
>>> "A _detailed_ description of what is failing. The more details that you
>>> provide, the better. E-mails saying "My application doesn't work!" will
>>> inevitably be answered with requests for more information about exactly what
>>> doesn't work; so please include as much information detailed in your initial
>>> e-mail as possible."
>>>
>>> Additionally:
>>>
>>> "The best way to get help is to provide a "recipie" for reproducing the
>>> problem."
>>>
>>> Thanks!

       _\\|//_
      (' 0 0 ')
 Bernard Sécher  DEN/DM2S/SFME/LGLS    mailto : bsecher_at_[hidden]
 CEA Saclay, Bât 454, Pièce 114        Phone  : 33 (0)1 69 08 73 78
 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France    Fax    : 33 (0)1 69 08 10 87
       oooO (   )
       (   ) ) /
        \ ( (_/
         \_)