Subject: [OMPI users] Handling output of processes
From: jody (jody.xha_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-22 03:58:22

Hi
I have a small cluster consisting of 9 computers (8x2 CPUs, 1x4 CPUs).
I would like to be able to observe the output of the processes
separately during an mpirun.

What i currently do is to apply the mpirun to a shell script which
opens a xterm for each process,
which then starts the actual application.

This works, but is a bit complicated, e.g. finding the window you're
interested in among 19 others.

So i was wondering is there a possibility to capture the processes'
outputs separately, so
i can make an application in which i can switch between the different
processor outputs?
I could imagine that could be done by wrapper applications which
redirect the output over a TCP
socket to a server application.

But perhaps there is an easier way, or something like this alread does exist?

Thank You
  Jody