Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem compiling open mpi 1.3 with sunstudio12 express
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-20 15:40:34

Thanks, that was helpful. From everything I can see, it looks like
the ".../f90" value was propagated properly throughout OMPI's code base.

Does f90 invoke gfortran on the back-end? Try invoking "/opt/sun/
express/sunstudioceres/bin/f90" with no arguments (just like you
invoked mpif90 with no arguments) and see if you get the sam error.

You can also invoke "mpif90 --showme" to see the command that mpif90
would have executed.

On Jan 20, 2009, at 11:15 AM, Olivier Marsden wrote:

> Certainly.
> I hope I haven't forgotten anything.
>
> Olivier Marsden
>

> Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> Can you send the information listed here:
>>
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/
>>

>> On Jan 19, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Olivier Marsden wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to compile ompi 1.3rc7 with the sun studio express
>>> comilers.
>>>
>>> I'm using the following configure command:
>>>
>>> CC=/opt/sun/express/sunstudioceres/bin/cc CXX=/opt/sun/express/
>>> sunstudioceres/bin/CC F77=/opt/sun/express/sunstudioceres/bin/
>>> f77 FC=/opt/sun/express/sunstudioceres/bin/f90 ./configure --
>>> prefix=/opt/mpi_sun --enable-heterogeneous --enable-shared --
>>> enable-mpi-f90 --with-mpi-f90-size=small --disable-mpi-threads --
>>> disable-progress-threads --disable-debug --without-udapl --
>>> disable-io-romio
>>>
>>> The build and install execute correctly. However, I get the
>>> following when trying to use mpif90:
>>> gfortran: no input files
>>>
>>> My /opt/mpi_sun/share/openmpi/mpif90-wrapper-data.txt file
>>> appears to my layman eye to be correct, but just
>>> in case, its contents is the following:
>>>
>>> project=Open MPI
>>> project_short=OMPI
>>> version=1.3rc7
>>> language=Fortran 90
>>> compiler_env=FC
>>> compiler_flags_env=FCFLAGS
>>> compiler=/opt/sun/express/sunstudioceres/bin/f90
>>> module_option=-M
>>> extra_includes=
>>> preprocessor_flags=
>>> compiler_flags=
>>> linker_flags=
>>> libs=-lmpi_f90 -lmpi_f77 -lmpi -lopen-rte -lopen-pal -ldl -
>>> Wl,--export-dynamic -lnsl -lutil -lm -ldl
>>> required_file=
>>> includedir=${includedir}
>>> libdir=${libdir}
>>>

>>> Can anyone see why gfortran is being used? (the config.log says
>>> that sun f90 is used )
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Olivier

Cisco Systems