Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open-MPI 1.3 and environment variables
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-20 09:26:59

That was never an envar for public use, but rather one that was used
internal to OMPI and therefore subject to change (which it did). There
are a number of such variables in the system - we try to indicate this
by not exposing them via ompi_info. Of course, you can independently
discover them with a printenv, but we would not recommend relying on
them.

The list of reliable envars is provided here:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#mpi-environmental-variables

Note that this begins with 1.3 and does not apply to any prior releases.

Ralph