Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI flavor-agnostic libraries
From: Mattijs Janssens (m.janssens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-14 10:00:54

We did something similar in OpenFOAM by encapsulating our communications
routines into a separate shared library which gets loaded through
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

The api of this library does not expose any mpi specifics so for a new MPI
version we only have to recompile our small communications library against
the new MPI and the rest of the code works as normal.

Then we can just use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to pick which communications library to
load and hence which mpi to use.

--
Mattijs Janssens
OpenCFD Ltd.