Subject: [OMPI users] Need help in setting up openmpi on multiple clusters
From: gaurav gupta (1989.gaurav_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-08 02:02:39

Hi,

I am new to mpi programming and openmpi. I have installed openmpi and run
several sample programmes on single machine. But while running on several
nodes it is showing errors.

I have configured openmpi and automated login to all nodes with user mpi.
Now on master i tried to run by "mpiexec -np 4 -host n1,n2,n3,n4 a.out"
where n1,n2,n3 and n4 are four nodes on which i have enabled automatic
login. Now I am getting error :

Failed to find the following executable:

Host: server1.tm.local
Executable: a.out

Cannot continue.

Now my problem is this should I copy this executable to all nodes ??? If yes
then how will it work, because I am not expecting any value from user all
parameters are generated in a.out itself.

Please help me out what is the problem here and what should i do.

Thanks in advance.

--
GAURAV GUPTA
B.Tech III Yr. , Department of Computer Science & Engineering