Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with openmpi and infiniband
From: Pavel Shamis (Pasha) (pashash_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-28 04:00:27

>> Another thing to try is a change that we made late in the Open MPI
>> v1.2 series with regards to IB:
>>

>> http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=openfabrics#v1.2-use-early-completion
>>

> Thanks, this is something worth investigating. What would be the exact
> syntax to use to turn off pml_ob1_use_early_completion?
Your problem definitely maybe related to the know issue with early
completions. The exact syntax is:|
--mca pml_ob1_use_early_completion 0|

> Do you think the same problem can also happen in the 1.1(.2) release,
> which is the one I have also tested, since it comes with Ofed 1.2.5? Would
I'm not sure , but I think it is very old issue, so it is big chance
that it exist in 1.1 as well.

> it be worth to try the 1.3? So far I have avoided it since it is
> tagged as "prerelease".
The early completion issue was resolved in 1.3. You may try 1.3, i hope
that it will work for you.

Pasha