Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Valgrind Warning
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 11:02:09

On Dec 15, 2008, at 7:59 AM, Gabriele Fatigati wrote:

> Ok,
> thanks a lot,
> as soon as possibile, i''install 1.3 version.
>
> But i don't understand why MPI_Recv warnings are detected. Which is
> the difference with MPI_Send warnings? Modules involved in OpenMPI are
> differents?

Yes and no. They are different code paths, so I can see how different
verbs are used, and different control buffers are passed during the
sequence. It's probably either a missed valgrind annotation in
libibverbs or something that OMPI is doing (where we *hopefully* have
valgrind annotations in v1.3...).

Cisco Systems