Subject: Re: [OMPI users] using of MPI_Publish_name with openmpi
From: Aurélien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-10 10:44:56

Bernard,

Could you give us more details on the version of Open MPI you are
using ? I suppose from your message this is one of the 1.2 series, but
mode details would be greatly helpful.

An utility called orte-clean can be used to try to remove all the
garbage left, should something go wrong.

We have fixed a number of bugs in the MPI-2 dynamics recently. The
forthcoming 1.3 should be more robust to that aspect. You can have a
preview of it by using the svn version of Open MPI. The concepts have
changed a little since then as --persistent --seed have been replaced
by an external name server called ompi-server. I can give you more
details if you want to try the svn version.

Regards,
Aurelien

--
* Dr. Aurélien Bouteiller
* Sr. Research Associate at Innovative Computing Laboratory