Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Multicast?
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-10 10:37:29

Brock,

Open MPI has a very fancy collective implementation. While we don't
use multicast, we dynamically change the algorithm used for the
collective based on the number of nodes, the size and type of the
message, and eventually the operation involved if any. Moreover, we
detect hierarchies, and we can potentially change the algorithms to
take advantage of this knowledge.

If you want more information, please refer to this paper (Flexible
collective communication tuning architecture applied to Open MPI) for
more information, http://www.netlib.org/netlib/utk/people/JackDongarra/PAPERS/Flex-collective-euro-pvmmpi-2006.pdf
.

   Thanks,
     george.