Subject: Re: [OMPI users] undefined symbol: MPI_Send
From: Tim Mattox (timattox_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-08 13:45:43

Hello Heitor,
We need more information to be able to answer your question,
such as what version of Open MPI are you using, and what
kind of OS/machine are you running on, and what kind of network, etc.
Please follow the directions on this webpage for getting help:
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Heitor Florido <heitorflorido_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My program keeps throwing this error after I created a child process with
> MPI_comm_spawn:
>
> ./../../Desktop/computacaoDistribuida/src/server/server: symbol lookup
> error: ./../../Desktop/computacaoDistribuida/src/server/server: undefined
> symbol: MPI_Send
>
> I've already used MPI_Send on other parts of the program...
> I've tried to print the message recieved from child process, but a similar
> message appears:
>
> ./../../Desktop/computacaoDistribuida/src/server/server: symbol lookup
> error: ./../../Desktop/computacaoDistribuida/src/server/server: undefined
> symbol: printf, version GLIBC_2.0
>
> This printf is executed if MPI_Comm_spawn returned MPI_SUCESS, so I guess
> this is working.
>
> It appears that my libs (glibc, mpi) were unload after the MPI_comm_spawn.
>
> Does anyone knows what's this??
>
> Heitor Florido

Tim Mattox, Ph.D. - http://homepage.mac.com/tmattox/
 tmattox_at_[hidden] || timattox_at_[hidden]
    I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net/