Subject: Re: [OMPI users] pgi and gcc runtime compatability
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-08 11:31:33

Black magic happens all the time. To keep it simple, we do not expect
different compilers to be 100% compatible, so this is completely
unsupported by the Open MPI community. Moreover, we already know some
compilers that claim gcc compatibility, when there are always some
[obscure] things that don't really match (hint icc and gcc).

For Fortran there are even more issues. One was already hinted in a
one of the answers (logical), but more are expected such as the
representation of the "strange" type REAL16 and REAL32 (and the
corresponding COMPLEX types). I'm sure more can be found, but these
are enough not to support the cross-compilers stuff.

Now, I'm really curious that this worked. Do you have access to the
opal_config.h file for the pgi and gcc build ? Or to the config.log
files ? If yes can you share it with us please.

   Thanks,
     george.